Dear Valued Fortune Bay Resort Casino Guest:
We recently learned that one of our employees has tested positive for COVID-19.
Rest assured, this employee has not had any contact with guests or fellow employees. Furthermore, it has been determined by health authorities that no employees or guests are considered exposed at this time.
The employee who tested positive has been required to comply with isolation recommendations and is currently on an approved leave of absence.
I would like to take this time to remind you that now more than ever we have to work together to combat this pandemic. That means wearing your mask properly while visiting your Fortune Bay family, maintaining physical distance, and washing or sanitizing your hands often. I sincerely thank you for your cooperation thus far. For our part, we will continue to monitor the situation and promise to be diligent in our cleaning and sanitizing efforts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to some frequently asked questions. If you do not find an answer to a question you may have, you can reach out to us by clicking here.
Our casino and resort are now open! Our hours have temporarily changed and the casino will be open 9AM - 3AM every day of the week. Resort reservations will be limited due to occupancy restrictions. Please see below for a detailed list of our current operating hours:
Casino: 9AM - 3AM, 7 days a week
Resort: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Gold Mine Grill: 9AM - 12AM, 7 days a week
Sunset Steakhouse: 4PM - 9PM, SUN - THU. 4PM - 10PM, FRI & SAT
The Wilderness Grill: 10AM - 6PM (patio grill menu only), MON. 11AM - 9PM TUE - SUN
Whispering Winds Gift Shop: 9AM - 5PM, SUN - THU. 9AM - 7PM, FRI & SAT
Northstar Bar: 9AM - 2AM, 7 days a week
Players Club: 9AM - 1AM
Pool/Sauna: 6AM - 10PM, 7 days a week
Marina: 7AM - 5PM, THU - SUN
RV Park Office Hours: 10AM - 6PM, THU - SUN
Our Management team is dedicated to keeping our guests and employees safe and so they have developed a thorough cleaning and disinfecting plan. While we were closed, each department deep cleaned every area of the property and paid close attention to frequently used areas. During operating hours, consistent sanitizing schedules have been put in place to keep our property clean, all hours of the day. This includes, but is not limited to slot machines, table games, restrooms, all areas in hotel rooms, doorknobs, faucets, countertops, tables, chairs, and many other frequently used areas.
- Each guest and employee will be temperature scanned upon arrival. If the temperature is over 100.0º, this person will be asked to leave property. We encourage all of our employees who are feeling ill to stay home and if they have a temperature of 100.0ºF or higher, we advise them to seek treatment from a medical professional.
- We have taken proper social distancing precautions. Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least 6 feet away from other groups and not traveling with them. While standing in lines, using elevators, or moving around the property, please make sure you are also practicing social distance. Restaurant tables, slot machines, and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Employees will be wearing face masks, gloves when appropriate, and will stand at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as reception areas, hotel lobby, casino floor, restaurant entrances, meeting and convention spaces, elevator landings, pool area, and other public areas. Employees are advised to wash their hands and sanitize as often as possible.
- Fortune Bay's entire property is non-smoking until further notice. This decision was made to prevent the spread of germs to further protect our guests and employees. Guests are able to smoke outside the casino entrance, on hotel balconies, or the balcony on the second floor of the hotel above the Resort Front Desk.
- Masks are required to be worn by all guests and employees. We ask you to kindly bring a face mask with you from home if possible. If you do not have a face mask, one will be provided to you. Please keep in mind that face masks are in limited supply and available only while supplies last.
- Plexiglass will be installed in various locations across the property where applicable to further protect guests and employees.
- The Gold Mine Grill is open 9AM - 12AM, 7 days a week.
- The Wilderness Grill is also open, 11AM - 9PM TUE - SUN. 10AM - 6PM (patio grill menu only) on Mondays. They now have limited dine-in service available inside and on the patio. Reservations are required. Please call 218-753-7804 to make your reservation.
- The Sunset Steakhouse is open, 4PM - 9PM, Sunday - Thursday and 4PM - 10PM Friday and Saturday. The Sunset Steakhouse is temporarily offering a limited menu and you may choose to dine-in or take-out. Bar seating is not available until further notice. Reservations are strongly recommended; please call us at 218-753-7885 to make your reservations.
- The Tamarack Buffet will temporarily remain closed. Our Management team is working on a plan to reopen safely for our guests and employees. Please check back at a later time for more updates on the Tamarack Buffet.
The following services are temporarily unavailable at this time:
- Shuttle Service
- Fountain Drink Stations
- Fitness Center
- Mobile Sauna
The following outlets are temporarily unavailable at this time:
- Tamarack Buffet
- Poker Room
Due to COVID-19, guests staying in our hotel are our number one priority. We updated and enhanced our guest room cleaning protocols to meet or exceed health and safety guidelines.
Guest rooms are cleaned upon departure. Particular attention is paid to high-touch areas, including television remote controls, nightstands, telephones, alarm clocks, luggage racks, in-room control panels, light switches, door and furniture handles, toilet seat and water faucet handles. Reusable materials (magazines, hotel information, etc.) are removed from the room.
At this time, we will not be cleaning stay-overs. But if you need to change out any linens or need additional amenities, please call Housekeeping at 218-753-7559, and we'll be happy to exchange them for you.
Just as a reminder, checkout is at 11AM and check-in is 3PM. However, we are asking for your patience as check-in may occasionally be available at 5PM to accommodate our new cleaning procedures to help keep you safe.
- To further help our guests practice proper social distancing, every other slot machine will be turned on to create a barrier and extra space between players.
- Slot machines will be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
- At this time, all slot machines in the North Star Bar will be unavailable.
- When a guest wins a hand pay/jackpot, the Slot Attendant will ask the guest to sign all necessary paperwork with a sanitized pen and the cash payout will be conducted in a manner to avoid all physical touching and practice proper social distancing.
To further protect our guests and employees, we have made some small changes to table games:
- Open tables will be spaced at least 1 table apart.
- Seating is limited as there will only be 3 chairs at each table.
- Guests will be required to sanitize hands prior to playing and will also be required to wear a mask.
- The Poker Room will remain closed at this time.
- All guests are required to wear a mask at all times within the Casino or Resort. Guests may take off their masks while eating or drinking. We ask you to kindly bring a face mask with you from home if possible. If you do not have a face mask, one will be provided to you. Please keep in mind that face masks are in limited supply and available only while supplies last.
- Please practice social distancing and by standing or sitting at least 6 feet away from other guests and employees.
- Please sanitize your hands as often as possible.
- When washing your hands, please wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. We recommend washing your hands at least once per hour.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms, have tested positive, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Yes, but there are some restrictions/limitations. Please see below for more details:
- State or tribally issued driver's licenses or identification cards that expired on or after March 13, 2020, will be acceptable for age identification, purchasing tobacco products, and purchasing alcohol.
- State or tribally issued driver's licenses or identification cards that expired before, on, or after March 13, 2020 are not acceptable for purposes of completing federal tax forms. This means if a guest wins a hand pay/jackpot, they will be given a jackpot claim form. You will be able to receive payment for that jackpot once you have an acceptable form of I.D.
Where can I find information on changes to Wild Edge tier earnings, offer extensions, rescheduled promotions, and other Player's Club info?
For all questions in regard to rescheduling weddings and groups and/or meetings, please reach out to Brian K. Anderson, Director of Sales & Public Relations at email@example.com.
Our friendly Front Desk staff are available 24/7. You can reach the Front Desk at (218) 753-7600.