Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to some frequently asked questions. If you do not find an answer to a question you may have, you can reach out to us by clicking here.
Our casino and resort are now open! Please see below for a detailed list of our current operating hours:
Casino: 9AM - 12AM, SUN - THU. 9AM - 2AM, FRI & SAT
Resort: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Table Games: 12PM - 12AM, SUN - THU. 12PM - 2AM, FRI & SAT
Gold Mine Grill: 9AM - 11PM, SUN - THU. 9AM - 12AM, FRI & SAT
Sunset Steakhouse: 4PM - 9PM, SUN - THU. 4PM - 10PM, FRI & SAT
Whispering Winds Gift Shop: 9AM - 5PM, SUN - THU. 9AM - 7PM, FRI & SAT
Northstar Bar: 9AM - 12AM, SUN - THU. 9AM - 1AM, FRI & SAT
Players Club: 9AM - 12AM, SUN - THU. 9AM - 1AM, FRI & SAT
Our Management team is dedicated to keeping our guests and employees safe and so they have developed a thorough cleaning and disinfecting plan. While we were closed, each department deep cleaned every area of the property and paid close attention to frequently used areas. During operating hours, consistent sanitizing schedules have been put in place to keep our property clean, all hours of the day. This includes, but is not limited to slot machines, table games, restrooms, all areas in hotel rooms, doorknobs, faucets, countertops, tables, chairs, and many other frequently used areas.
- Each guest and employee will be temperature scanned upon arrival. If the temperature is over 100.0º, this person will be asked to leave property. We encourage all of our employees who are feeling ill to stay home and if they have a temperature of 100.0ºF or higher, we advise them to seek treatment from a medical professional.
- We have taken proper social distancing precautions. Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least 6 feet away from other groups and not traveling with them. While standing in lines, using elevators, or moving around the property, please make sure you are also practicing social distance. Restaurant tables, slot machines, and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Employees will be wearing face masks, gloves when appropriate, and will stand at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as reception areas, hotel lobby, casino floor, restaurant entrances, meeting and convention spaces, elevator landings, pool area, and other public areas. Employees are advised to wash their hands and sanitize as often as possible.
- Fortune Bay's entire property is non-smoking until further notice. This decision was made to prevent the spread of germs to further protect our guests and employees. Guests are able to smoke outside the casino entrance, on hotel balconies, or the balcony on the second floor of the hotel above the Resort Front Desk.
- Masks are required to be worn by all guests and employees. We ask you to kindly bring a face mask with you from home if possible. If you do not have a face mask, one will be provided to you. Please keep in mind that face masks are in limited supply and available only while supplies last.
- Plexiglass will be installed in various locations across the property where applicable to further protect guests and employees.
- The Gold Mine Grill is open. For operating hours, please refer to the FAQ "When will you be open?"
- The Sunset Steakhouse is open, 4PM - 9PM, Sunday - Thursday and 4PM - 10PM Friday and Saturday. The Sunset Steakhouse is temporarily offering a limited menu and you may choose to dine-in or take-out. Bar seating is not available until further notice. Reservations are strongly recommended; please call us at 218-753-7885 to make your reservations.
- The Tamarack Buffet will temporarily remain closed. Our Management team is working on a plan to reopen safely for our guests and employees. Please check back at a later time for more updates on the Tamarack Buffet.
The following services are temporarily unavailable at this time:
- Shuttle Service
- Fountain Drink Stations
- Fitness Center
- Mobile Sauna
The following outlets are temporarily unavailable at this time:
- Tamarack Buffet
- Poker Room
Due to COVID-19, guests staying in our hotel are our number one priority. We updated and enhanced our guest room cleaning protocols to meet or exceed health and safety guidelines.
Guest rooms are cleaned upon departure. Particular attention is paid to high-touch areas, including television remote controls, nightstands, telephones, alarm clocks, luggage racks, in-room control panels, light switches, door and furniture handles, toilet seat and water faucet handles. Reusable materials (magazines, hotel information, etc.) are removed from the room.
At this time, we will not be cleaning stay-overs. But if you need to change out any linens or need additional amenities, please call Housekeeping at 218-753-7559, and we'll be happy to exchange them for you.
Just as a reminder, checkout is at 11AM and check-in is 3PM. However, we are asking for your patience as check-in may occasionally be available at 5PM to accommodate our new cleaning procedures to help keep you safe.
- To further help our guests practice proper social distancing, every other slot machine will be turned on to create a barrier and extra space between players.
- Slot machines will be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
- At this time, all slot machines in the North Star Bar will be unavailable.
- When a guest wins a hand pay/jackpot, the Slot Attendant will ask the guest to sign all necessary paperwork with a sanitized pen and the cash payout will be conducted in a manner to avoid all physical touching and practice proper social distancing.
To further protect our guests and employees, we have made some small changes to table games:
- Open tables will be spaced at least 1 table apart.
- Seating is limited as there will only be 3 chairs at each table.
- Guests will be required to sanitize hands prior to playing and will also be required to wear a mask.
- The Poker Room will remain closed at this time.
- All guests are required to wear a mask at all times within the Casino or Resort. Guests may take off their masks while eating or drinking. We ask you to kindly bring a face mask with you from home if possible. If you do not have a face mask, one will be provided to you. Please keep in mind that face masks are in limited supply and available only while supplies last.
- Please practice social distancing and by standing or sitting at least 6 feet away from other guests and employees.
- Please sanitize your hands as often as possible.
- When washing your hands, please wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. We recommend washing your hands at least once per hour.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms, have tested positive, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Yes, but there are some restrictions/limitations. Please see below for more details:
- State or tribally issued driver's licenses or identification cards that expired between March 13, 2020, and January 31, 2020 will be acceptable for age identification, purchasing tobacco products, and purchasing alcohol, entering the casino floor, and engaging in gaming; other age identification purposes unless expressly prohibited by this. Policy; obtaining information for hotel registration; and use of an acceptable form of identification by a guest for completion of a required W-2G form.
- Any state or tribally issued driver's licenses or identification cards that expired before March 13, 2020, or after January 31, 2021, shall not be deemed valid for any age identification or other purpose.
- This policy is effective as of January 19, 2021, until March 31, 2021.
For all questions in regard to rescheduling weddings and groups and/or meetings, please reach out to Brian K. Anderson, Director of Sales & Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our friendly Front Desk staff are available 24/7. You can reach the Front Desk at (218) 753-7600.