Fortune Bay Reopening June 1
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to some frequently asked questions. If you do not find an answer to a question you may have, you can reach out to us by clicking here.
The casino and resort will be open on June 1st, 2020. Our hours have temporarily changed and we will be open 9AM-1AM every day of the week. Hotel reservations will be limited due to occupancy restrictions. Please see below for a detailed list of operating hours starting June 1st.
Casino & Resort: 9AM-1AM, 7 days a week
Gold Mine Grill: 9AM-10PM, 7 days a week
The Wilderness Grill: 10AM-6PM (patio grill menu only), MON. 11AM-9PM TUE-SUN
Whispering Winds Gift Shop: 9AM-5PM, 7 days a week
Northstar Bar: 10AM-12AM, 7 days a week
Pool/Sauna: 6AM-10PM, 7 days a week
Marina: 7AM-7PM, THU-SUN
RV Park Office Hours: 10AM-2PM, MON-WED. 10AM-8PM, THU-SUN
Our Management team is dedicated to keeping our guests and employees safe and so they have developed a thorough cleaning and disinfecting plan. While we were closed, each department deep cleaned every area of the property and paid close attention to frequently used areas. During operating hours, consistent sanitizing schedules have been put in place to keep our property clean, all hours of the day. This includes, but is not limited to slot machines, table games, restrooms, all areas in hotel rooms, doorknobs, faucets, countertops, tables, chairs, and many other frequently used areas.
- Each guest and employee will be temperature scanned upon arrival. If the temperature is over 100.0ºF, this person will be asked to leave property. We encourage all of our employees who are feeling ill to stay home and if they have a temperature of 100.0ºF or higher, we advise them to seek treatment from a medical professional.
- We have taken proper social distancing precautions. Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least 6 feet away from other groups and not traveling with them. While standing in lines, using elevators, or moving around the property, please make sure you are also practicing social distance. Restaurant tables, slot machines, and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Employees will be wearing face masks, gloves when appropriate, and will stand at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as reception areas, hotel lobby, casino floor, restaurant entrances, meeting and convention spaces, elevator landings, pool area, and other public areas. Employees are advised to wash their hands and sanitize as often as possible.
- Fortune Bay's entire property is non-smoking until further notice. This decision was made to prevent the spread of germs to further protect our guests and employees. Guests are able to smoke outside the casino entrance, on hotel balconies, or the balcony on the second floor of the hotel above the Resort Front Desk.
- Masks will be available for purchase by guests at the main Casino door entrance, however, they will not be required to be worn by guests. All employees will be required to wear masks.
- Plexiglass will be installed in various locations across the property where applicable to further protect guests and employees.
- The Gold Mine Grill will be open 9AM-10PM, seven days a week. The Grill will be temporarily offering a limited menu. To view the new Grill Menu, please click here.
- The Wilderness Grill is also open, 11AM-6PM seven days a week, for take-out orders only. Click here to see the Wilderness Grill take out menu.
- The Sunset Steakhouse and Tamarack Buffet will temporarily remain closed. Our Management team is working on a plan to reopen these restaurants safely for our guests and employees. Please check back at a later time for more updates on the Sunset Steakhouse and Tamarack Buffet.
The following services are temporarily unavailable at this time:
- Shuttle Service
- Fountain drink stations
- Fitness Center
- Mobile Sauna
The following outlets are temporarily unavailable at this time:
- Sunset Steakhouse
- Tamarack Buffet
- Poker Room
- To further help our guests practice proper social distancing, every other slot machine will be turned on to create a barrier and extra space between players.
- Slot machines will be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
- At this time, all slot machines in the North Star Bar will be unavailable.
- When a guest wins a hand pay/jackpot, the Slot Attendant will ask the guest to sign all necessary paperwork with a sanitized pen and the cash payout will be conducted in a manner to avoid all physical touching and practice proper social distancing.
To further protect our guests and employees, we have made some small changes to table games:
- Open tables will be spaced at least 1 table apart.
- Seating is limited as there will only be 2 chairs at each table.
- Guests will be required to sanitize hands prior to playing and will also be required to wear a mask.
- The Poker Room will remain closed at this time.
- Guests are not required to wear a mask on property, except at the Blackjack tables, but it is strongly suggested that you do. You can bring one with you from home, or masks will be available for purchase for $1 at the Casino entrance.
- Please practice social distancing and by standing or sitting at least 6 feet away from other guests and employees.
- Please sanitize your hands as often as possible.
- When washing your hands, please wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. We recommend washing your hands at least once per hour.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms, have tested positive, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Yes, but there are some restrictions/limitations. Please see below for more details:
- State or tribally issued driver's licenses or identification cards that expired on or after March 13, 2020, will be acceptable for age identification, purchasing tobacco products, and purchasing alcohol.
- State or tribally issued driver's licenses or identification cards that expired before, on, or after March 13, 2020 are not acceptable for purposes of completing federal tax forms. This means if a guest wins a hand pay/jackpot, they will be given a jackpot claim form. You will be able to receive payment for that jackpot once you have an acceptable form of I.D.
Where can I find information on changes to Wild Edge tier earnings, offer extensions, rescheduled promotions, and other Player's Club info?
For all questions in regard to rescheduling weddings and groups and/or meetings, please reach out to Brian K. Anderson, Director of Sales & Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our friendly Front Desk staff are available 7AM-10PM until June 1st. Starting June 1st, Front Desk staff will be available 24/7. You can reach the Front Desk at (218) 753-7600.